- Plenoptic x-rays: an alternative to CT scans 16 October 2017“Computerised tomography – or CT Scans – have been one of the greatest achievements in medical imaging.
- Takeaway: How can wine corks help our health? 16 October 2017This experimental camera makes a 3D image from a single photo Two corks are positioned at different distances After the photo is taken, its focus point can be changed The secret is a special lens cove
- Making green energy cheaper 9 October 2017Sunny Morocco seems like the ideal place to produce solar power.
- Takeaway: What's wrong with solar power plants? 9 October 2017This technology seems perfect for arid regions The solar light is free The power plants take relatively little space The problem is dust Washing the mirrors takes precious water Water usage has to be
- Underwater robots monitor Venice lagoon 2 October 2017An international team of scientists has launched an unprecedented exploration project in the waterways beneath Venice with swarms of autonomous underwater…
- Smart city concepts shine at ITU Telecom World in Busan 2 October 2017South Korea’s second city of Busan hosted this year’s ITU Telecom World event, bringing together governments, tech firms and startups to discuss new digital…
- Takeaway: The underwater swarm 2 October 2017Cute robot, isn´t it?
- Digging deeper: can hot air provide sustainable source of electricity? 25 September 2017“The new frontier of renewable energy is crossing Iceland.
- Takeaway: Searching heat in the heart of earth 25 September 2017Geothermal resources can provide energy to humankind for thousand of years Here in Iceland they are testing a new drilling technic producing 10 times more power from the earth’s depths pix: turbine ro
- Sixty years since Sputnik - the satellite that changed the world 21 September 2017Sixty years ago, Sputnik became the first satellite in space and changed the world forever.
- Plenoptic x-rays: an alternative to CT scans 16 October 2017